Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Matching Socks

When I woke up this morning I was tired. As most of you know, my best blogs are written when I'm tired. Not saying this will be one of my best blogs...whatever.
Anyway, I was tired when I woke up this morning for reasons unknown. I stumbled around, brushed my teeth, took a shower, the usual. When I got to my closet I was distressed because I couldn't find matching socks!
I need to wear socks, I thought. In a panic, I tore through my half-full suitcase (optimist), random clothing on the floor, even my dirty clothes hamper. I realized that some sock eater had made a scrumptious meal of every other sock that I owned. I continued my search.
Why is it so important to wear matching socks in the first place? What has society come to that says I need to go crazy for 20 minutes to find a sock that looks like another? I had to sit down at this realization, this epiphany. I felt oppressed and short of breath. How dare society impose that amount of strain on people.
Wait a minute! I am my own person! To hell with societal pressure! With new found determination I clumsily grabbed two socks and jammed them on my feet. I looked at them proudly, one blue/purple striped and the other black with cartoon cats on it, knowing that I was fighting against the current. I was going against the norm!
At this point one thought occurred to me:

I need to do laundry tonight.

No comments: