Sunday, May 29, 2011

What I'll endure for Zumba

I walked into a nearby Gold's Gym on Friday evening to attend a Zumba class. I had to miss my Thursday class and was feeling a little roly-poly. I walked directly to the front desk.

Helper: "Hello! Welcome to Gold's Gym! How can I help you?"

Me: "Hi. I would like to purchase a drop in class for the 5:30 Zumba class."

Helper: "OK! The guest fee is $10, I'll need you to fill out this form and I will also need your ID. We hold onto this until you're done with your workout."

I handed over my card and ID and started filling out the form. Pretty standard.

Helper: "Oh, by the way, I'd really like to introduce you to my friend Brett! He would love to meet you!"

Brett: (from a nearby cubicle): "Well, hello there! I'm Brett!" --Yeah. Got that much.

Me: (to the helper) "I'm not interested in a membership. I only want a drop in class."

Helper: "Brett, this lady is doing a drop in for ZUMBA!"

Brett:"Oh, you don't want to pay for a drop in class! You want a membership!"

Me: "I'm not interested in a membership. I'm here for a drop in class."

Brett: "But why pay for it when you could sign up for a membership and get the class free?"

Me: "Yeah. I'm pretty sure I'd still be paying for it. I don't want to be part of Gold's Gym. I'm just here for a drop in class." --(I feel like a broken record)

Brett: "But if you sign up today, your class is absolutely free."

Me: "I'm here for a drop in class. I'm not interested in becoming a member."

Brett: "Why aren't you interested in becoming a member?"

Me: :"Y'know Brett, I feel like you aren't listening to me. I'm going to say this one more time. I'm not interested in membership. I am here for a drop in class."

Brett surrendered my ID and showed me to the classroom.
The Zumba class was less than thrilling. But better than nothing.

The end.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

There is almost nothing worse than a pushy salesman. I get so frustrated when I have to repeat myself too much. You handled the situation a lot better than I would have. ;)